Inviting Applications for
Programme Coordinator – Arts At Play
Junoon wishes to build an arts-energised world. Our passion is to enable fellow Indians to experience the rich treasure house of our arts in ways they have never done before. So that the arts may be rich, stimulating windows into the diverse cultures, thoughts, histories and practices that make up our country. And so that the arts may also be intensely personal immersive experiences, opening up spaces of knowledge, understanding, questioning and empathy within each one of us.
Arts at Play is our programme for students and teachers that takes the rich impact of the arts to schools across India. Currently, the programme has four modules:
- Theatre Adventures – takes professional theatre made for young people directly into the school premises
- Arts Encounters – introduces a performing art to students through a uniquely designed performance-interaction
- Arts Week – immerses students in a week of arts exposure and activity, which ends with their own creation and expression
- Teachers’ Workshops – mobilises artistic processes and knowledge to unleash the creative potential in each teacher, with a strong focus on mindfulness
Details of the Role
The Arts at Play Programme Coordinator will work closely with the Programme Lead to run the programme in keeping with Junoon’s goals and values. S/he will also play a role in building the programme into the future, nurturing relationships with schools and other programme stakeholders, and leading the Arts at Play team to achieve programme milestones.
The role will require coordination with schools, artists, venues and the internal team. The coordinator has to be able to clearly explain the programme to all stakeholders, as well as build strong and lasting relationships. Ideally, the coordinator will grow into adding value to the conceptual design of the programme in order to build it into the future.
The Arts at Play coordinator will need to have a keen interest in education and a value for the role of the arts in the lives of children.
We are looking for a person who is…
- Eager to learn constantly
- Eager to contribute to the larger idea of the programme
- Self driven and persistent, getting work done on time
- Detail-oriented in their approach to work
- A strong team-player
- A good communicator, with both oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with excel, email, social media, etc.
- Organised and clear headed
- Willing to work at the most conceptual and at the most hands-on detailed levels, across the requirements of the programme
Position Location: Mumbai
Remuneration: Rs 3.6 to 4.8 lakhs annually depending on experience and skill
Position timings: Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 6:00pm
Please send your application by email to email@example.com , with the Subject Line: Application for Programme Coordinator – Arts at Play.
- A cover letter addressed to the Director, letting us know why you are interested in this position. Tell us a little bit about your interest as well as your previous experience with coordination / managing work.
- Your CV (please include 2 references)
The last date for application is 31st October 2019. Short-listed applicants will be requested to appear for an interview in person at our Mumbai office or via Skype if not located in Mumbai.